It's been around for a long time but there are so many oils that are beneficial to your skin these days that it's hard to keep track of what we should and shouldn't use. They are all good for different reasons but not good for all skin types. Coconut Oil is probably the most talked about but also one of the most pore-clogging oils so I always advise to avoid this on your face.
The best part about Grapeseed Oil, it's not expensive. You don't have to pay a fortune to get the benefits of this amazing oil. Here are some reasons why I think everyone should be using Grapeseed Oil…
1. Great for oily skin- It can help regulate the oil production in your skin. Your skin cannot produce water so when it feels dehydrated, oil is produced. When you use products (skin care or makeup) that take away the excess oil, your skin will again, produce more oil. It’s a viscous cycle. Grapeseed Oil is a good way to hydrate the skin and help slow down the excess oil.
2. Great for dry skin- It is a great hydrator when you find your skin to be dry or even chapped. A lot of people think that applying moisturizer multiple times of day will help but it won’t. Moisturizer doesn’t penetrate so it can’t solve the problem.
3. Fast Absorption- This is a lightweight oil so it will absorb quickly and not leave the skin feeling greasy. You can use this all over your body too. Mix with your body lotion/cream or alone. I apply it all over at night, especially on my neck, chest and breasts. The more hydrated my skin is, the stronger it will be. Just trying to keep things high and tight for as long as I can!
4. Antioxidants- Yes, it contains antioxidants so it will protect you from those nasty free radicals that are determined to destroy your skin.
5. Collagen- Grapeseed oil protects the collagen in your skin and that is what keeps your skin firm. It also improves the production of elastin and hyaluronic acid (which helps bind moisture to the skin).
6. Skin Tone- Used daily and consistently, it may help your skin become more even and brighter. Remember, the more hydrated your skin, the more supple it looks. And that makes you look younger!
7. Waxing- Whenever I would get my brows and lip waxed, my skin would get irritated and stay that way for a few days. As soon as I started using Grapeseed Oil every night, the irritation went away. In fact, you can’t even tell I’ve been waxed an hour later. For someone who has very dry, sensitive skin, this was and is a life-saver.
8. Pregnancy- Women are so limited on what they can use when pregnant but Grapeseed Oil is all-natural, so of course it’s safe to use. This is also a great product to use on your belly. When your skin stretches, it becomes itchy most likely because the skin is dry. Keeping it hydrated will definitely help the skin feel and look better.